shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I don't want a wife.... I want a partner!

So today I stayed home from work because I'm sick.... Most of the day was spent in bed or on the couch watching TV. Of course the times I tried to fall asleep were the times my neighbor decided it was time to be loud. Most of the day I kept thinking about an article we had to read in college. It was titled "I Want a Wife," and was written by Judy Syfers. For some reason that article stuck with me all these years. I can remember when we first had to read it, how much I too wanted a wife, even though at the time, I was convinced I was straight.

Finally, I had to search for the article to see just what it was that made me keep thinking of it... I found it, and sat reading it over a couple of times and now I'm thinking I don't so much agree with what she has to say....

I don't want a wife.... I want a partner!

I want someone who will do the dishes after I've cooked.
I want someone who will put the laundry away after I've folded it.
I want someone who will clean the bathroom while I'm cleaning the kitchen.
I want someone who will plant flowers while I cut the lawn.
I want someone who will take care of me when I'm sick and who I can take care of when she is sick.

The list can go on and on. I don't want someone who will take care of me, I can do that! (And god knows if I can't, my Mom is always calling to see if she can!) I want someone to share things with. To know that no matter how bad my day was, they will be lying next to me in bed when the lights go out that night.

Is that too much to want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home