shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weekend update

Ok yes, I do realize it is Tuesday night, but my weekend only ended last night. Working for a bank sometimes has it plus side!

Saturday I woke up late (9:30 am is late for me) and ate breakfast. Before I could even get my shower, my Mom was calling to see when I was leaving. They had gotten a call from my Uncle Weeny saying that he was stopping by for the night. He, Aunt G and Uncle Bross had been to a farmer's march thing in DC (gotta love it when the 70 year olds are out marching in DC for bio-fuel!!) and were on their way back to Oklahoma. I jumped in the shower and drove up to exit 82 because I love to see Weeny and G. When I got there, my Dad was just putting in his apple kuken (which I had to say over and over because it's a funny word). My brother, Bomber, and I took off for the store to buy groceries for dinner that night. I was also dog sitting this weekend, so I had to go check in on the dogs (chocolate lab and golden retriever) every couple of hours to make sure they hadn't torn up anything. Dinner was great, and the visit was fun. Some of my other aunts and uncles showed up and I spent the rest of the night talking with one of my aunts about her kids, learning to play guitar and shopping in Chicago. The it was off to spend the night with the dogs. Before I left, W decided (provoked by his grandma and his dad) that he needed to come spend the night with me and the dogs. I gave in, and we ended up staying up until 11:30 watching Robot Chicken and Futurama. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have let him watch it, but oh well. We then went to bed and fell asleep watching some skeleton thing on the Discovery channel. At about 1:30 am, the dogs jumped up and ran to the door barking like crazy. I of course run to the door like an idiot (like I'm going to do something). There was nothing there.... 20 minutes later, same thing.... nothing there.... Finally they laid down and went to sleep. I however could not, as W snores and coughs in his sleep (if you will remember, he is the one who likes to vomit when spending the night with me). Finally at 7:30, after maybe an hour or two of sleep, I got up and let the dogs out. W stayed in bed until about 8:00.

Most of Sunday was spent playing with the dogs, watching the Bears game (Go Bears!!! The score was 40-7 which make them 5-0 baby!!!!!) We had another big dinner with the hippie farmers and then I drove home. I did however get to talk to my Uncle Beaker, who as agreed to help my with my table situation (I'm having issues getting the legs to line up.).

Monday I went to the doctor for this 2 week old headache. She thinks it is a migraine and gave me some samples to take. I came home, took one and immediately had to take a nap. I was out for the rest of the day.

So there is my exciting weekend update! Oh yeah, I almost forgot... This weekend marked the 1st anniversary of me living alone! Pretty sad when you are 31 and the last year is the first time you've lived alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home