shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

fix it...

So, you think that after playing a round of ghetto tennis (that’s when you haven’t played for a long time and you hit the ball all crazy so most of the time you are running your ass off around the court) and speed walking 3 miles, that I would finally be tired and ready to sleep. Ah… that’s so not the case! I’ve been wired all day. And no, it’s not from caffeine, I’ve only had 1 Dew today! It sucks, but it may make for a good post… we will see.

I think this kind of goes along with the last post about my oddities. See when Smashers and I were speed walking tonight, we were having a little heart to heart. I of course revealed things about myself that I’m sure she would probably rather not hear. However, the conversation worked its way to me and my need to fix all things (I’m not sure if this is a bad thing, as much as I know it is a frustrating thing).

At work, I’m constantly helping people fix issues with email or finding documents or jacking with printers. Most of the time, I can fix things, however the times I can’t, it makes me a little crazy and I have to just walk away. Sometimes, I find out how to fix it so I will know the next time it happens. Other times, I just forget about it and it doesn’t bother me.

At home, I can fix a lot of things (well not so much at my home because I rent and things get fixed for me!). When friends need things done and they don’t really want to pay someone to do them, they ask me. I do things around my parent’s house all the time. I’ve learned how to do a lot of things the average person would know how to do.

The point where this “fix it” issue becomes very annoying is with relationships. I’m not sure if this stems from my parents or not. You know, it takes a lot to be married to the same person for 40 years. There is a lot of “fixing” things in 40 years. I’ve seen it! So, when it comes to relationships that I can’t “fix”, or am not given a chance to “fix” it weighs heavy on my mind. That’s the part that makes me crazy… I for some reason can’t just let go. I want to. I want so much to act like it doesn’t bother me, but it does. I don’t even really think that time takes care of it as I still have a lot of unresolved feelings for people from my past.

Never would have thought that being a “fix it” person would be a bad thing, did you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home