shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update....

So, last week I was on vacation. I was away from the computer for most of the week (my parents do not own a working one and I didn't feel like begging to use anyone else's) so I didn't get to update you on the happenings of my life. Since I've been home, I've been busy most of the time doing this and that.

I guess I could update you on what happened last week.

Originally I was wanting to go out of town, but that didn't work out, so I opted to go to my parents for the week to clean their garage. This was NOT a one day affair. Nope, it took the good part of 4 days and there was still stuff left to do. This may have been because I stopped and played with the soon to be 3 year old 50% of the time! He was my little buddy most of the week... following me around, helping me "wash" stuff and reminding me that we needed to go for walks! It was a lot of fun! I also got to spend time with his big brother. They are so much fun! Funny little story was when E hit W in the face. After sternly telling E that he was not to hit W, W admitted to first hitting E in the nuts. To that, I responded, "Well, I'd hit you in the face to if you hit me in the nuts!" The quick witted W responded back with "You don't have nuts!" On the 4th day of cleaning and seeing and end in sight, I insisted on moving a refrigerator that was in the garage to my brother's right then. Was I worried there was no one else around but my Mom who had just finally had her knee replacement (remember that all started back in April...)? Not a bit. Just pulled that sucker over to the end of my truck and lifted it in all by myself. (Yeah, I know I'm kind of silly!)

Friday was a day to have fun. Sissy, E and I went shopping. Bra shopping that is... Yeah, not fun for me!! We also went a few other places, but those were just for things we needed, nothing fun! After we came home, we went to look at a house that she and her husband were interested in. I must say, it could be an awesome place!! It is over 100 years old with all the original woodwork. I'd tell you were it was, but I don't want anyone to buy it before they have a chance to!

Saturday, I came back and headed to CP and Boobilicious' for a party with a bunch of musicians. I heard a lot of great music and got a bit drunk. Then, CP, another friend and I ventured off to the bar for a bit more drinking and a lot more dancing! Pretty sure I danced with about 10 different women! I was not fun company on the cab ride back to CP's!

Sunday the cold that had been sneaking up on me since Friday took over and I spent most of the day sleeping. I even missed seeing my beloved Bears kick the crap out of the Packers as I was asleep on my floor! (Is it strange that my bed got too annoying for me so I laid down on the floor and fell asleep?)

Monday, again no work.... Spent most of the day doing nothing and was invited to go to the Cards game that night. They won! Great game and awesome seats! Thanks Boobilicious!!

I've been working since Tuesday and I'm tired already!

Last night I went shopping and bought some new clothes for my upcoming business trip to NC. It was amazing because I can usually never find things I like and I found two pairs of pants and a shirt!

Tonight was a mac and cheese night and then a 15 mile ride on the indoor bike....

There, that's my life up to date! Hope you enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

somethings wrong with you O_o spending 4 days off cleaning someone else's garage!?!!! gah! - Jamie

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home