shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm back....

I'm back from my trip to North Carolina..... Well actually I've been back since 6:00 pm Friday, but I've had a lot of laying around to do! Well OK, I did do a bit of cleaning and shopping too...

After a burger and a beer at the airport, I popped an Ativan and was off to the gate. Our flight wasn't so bad, however I was trying as hard as I could not to do any of the annoying things I tend to do when I'm nervous. It took a lot of control to keep my legs still as I know it annoys Ebeth. We were told by the guy that was meeting up with us that there would be a shuttle from the airport to our hotel, however that wasn't the case. Instead we got a ride with a very grouchy taxi driver. Ebeth had to set him straight when we got to the hotel! The hotel was very nice! The king size bed was covered in a down comforter with and about 20 feather pillows... (yeah, those suck if you don't have enough of them). Oh yeah and the hotel is supposed to be famous for these chocolate chip cookies you get a check in.... Fuckers had walnuts! Thanks for getting my hopes up!

Work was ok. Some of the people in the site we visited were extremely nice, some were nice and some were big gigantic bitches! I also got to visit where they house some of our big wigs, which was cool because I ran into a couple of guys that I worked with at another company. I was very surprised that they both remembered me. I have a tendency to remember everyone, so it didn't surprise me that I remembered them and where I knew them from.

And the flight home.... I woke up to the Today show's graphic of tornadoes in the mid west. The rest of the day, I was hoping that our flight would be cancelled due to the weather. Seeing that this wasn't going to be the case, I had three margaritas at the Tequileria with double Ativan chaser. I sat motionless for most of the flight, except for the turbulence, which took up about the last 30 minutes of our flight. We finally got back to Ebeth's where I picked up my truck and headed home. A stop off to pick up some dinner and home to crash! I was in bed by 10:00 pm and slept to 9:30 the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home