shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

another weekend update

Ok, so I've been doing a few other things besides hanging out on the computer. I'm sure you have all missed me so very much!

First things first, MY BEARS WON!!!! So only bearly (HAHAH), but they still won which is the only thing that matters!

Saturday I helped Smash build a fence in her backyard. Ok, so really, she helped me. I only had to dig 5 post holes, lucky me. The rest was just a matter of cutting and screwing boards together. At one point I was straddling a bush to put up the planks. Smash's boyfriend had to make a joke about the bush being up my ass. Funny stuff!

Sunday was my parent's anniversary. 40 years... crazy! Although I went up there to spend time with them, I ended up spending more time with my uncle Beaker. Beaker's hobby is woodworking. I've had my table legs sitting around for months, so last weekend I asked him to help me fix them. We spent hours together sawing, drilling and gluing. We also had a really good talk and listened to a bunch of good music. From our time together, I ended up seeing a lot of him in me. Probably because when I was little he babysat my brother and I a lot. We did take a dinner break so that I could have dinner with my parents and aunts and uncles.

Yesterday I took off work to buy a car. It was rainy and freezing out, so I instead stayed at home and worked on my table. I ended up staining it (and getting high on fumes by doing so). I finally had to open the windows and the door so I didn't pass out. I'm not very happy with the color (kind of pinkish). I'll have to post a picture of it when I'm all finished.

So, that was my weekend wrap up.... Of course I thought of all these good things to post about when I got home, but they must have disappeared because of the fumes.... I'll try hard to remember them later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home