shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, March 13, 2006

Exit 82 update...

The Birthday party was fun! My cousin and his wife had been at a Lamaz class all day on Saturday (one time deal.... that has to be a lot nicer than 1 hour a night...). He was told the night before that they were going to meet another couple for dinner after class so they had to take nicer clothes to change into. They changed in the parking lot of the movie theater... When he walked around the corner of the restaurant, he started shaking his head and rolling his eyes, and for a moment, I thought he was going to turn around and walk out. Dinner was wonderful (I had jumbo cheese raviolli). After dinner, a group of the younger people were going to go to a movie, but we couldn't find anything that seemed interesting that wasn't starting at 10:00 pm. Instead, we all met up at the birthday boy's house and played Dominos. I had never played before! I did very badly, but I had a great time!!

Sunday, I made the Bomber go shopping with me (It is a standing joke that everytime I'm home, I make him come shopping!). Like a good brother, he didn't put up a fight! After shopping I headed back home. About a half hour after I got in the door, my Mom was calling to tell me they had tornados in the area. I was so glad I was not there, however, I'd prefer to be there if I had to be in a situation where one was coming.... Home alone with a tornado coming is not something that I want to experience! Anyway, she said that they were all fine but some roofs had been torn off of businesses in the area and some other damage... After reading the online newspaper this afternoon, it sounds like it was a bit worse than what she had known about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home