shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, February 20, 2006

Priscilla, Queen of the Checkers....

Since I have not been to the store in over 3 months I decided to go on my way back from exit 82 (fuck, I forgot to tell you about the nail in my tire that delayed my return an extra 2 hours... remind me to tell you later!). Can I tell you how much I hate to got to the store. I've been there in the last 3 months but usually end up getting about 5 things before I am so annoyed by the locals that I have to leave. Yes, I know I should start shopping somewhere else, but it is very easy just to stop there as I pass it everyday on my way too and from work.

So, tonight I expected the same. I got the small basket instead of a cart and started off. I made it through the first 3 isles and had no problems, until I noticed I was not going to have enough room in my basket for all the stuff I wanted. Of course I kept jamming shit in there, I was not about to turn around to get a cart!

There were only 2 lanes open when I got to the checkout (not very many people in the store on a random Monday night at 8 pm!). I of course could not go in the 10 items only since I had a billion things shoved in my little basket, so I went to Priscilla's lane. At first glance she looked like one of those snobby high school girls I hate so much, but as I got closer, she was actually a bit hotter than I thought. I never know what you are supposed to do with your full basket (do you put everything out, or leave it in) so I began putting it out. I had emptied the basket and awkwardly flung it around saying I didn't know what to do with it.... (it is one of those stores where they check everything out and put it back in a cart for you to drive over to the little bagging stations....) She smiled, laughed and took the basket from me, filling it with all the things I had laid out. When she finished, she put my 12 pack of Diet Sprite Zero on the check writing stand and told me how that was her favorite soda. Then she took my basket of groceries over to the bagging station and waited for me to start bagging. Then another person got in her line and she had to go.....

I must say, that was the strangest trips I've had to that grocery store..... Strange, very strange.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home