shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, January 16, 2006

Today....

I know I still haven't told you everything that happened on my trip to Nashville, but that will have to wait until tomorrow....

Today, I woke up early to have my new washer delivered at 9 am. Once that was here and installed, I was off to buy a matching dryer. I bought one and brought it home with me, all the way, thinking of who I could call to help me move it in. Instead of being a burden to anyone, I decided to move it in myself. Sounds like it would be easy.... Yes, maybe if I had a 2 wheel cart.... But yet again, not wanting to bother anyone else and being too cheap to invest in one, I tied a rope around the box and moved it that way. It was pretty easy, until I got down the outside steps and into the landing of the basement. It was at that point that I spent the next hour wedging and unwedging the box trying to mind the obstacles of the steps that lead upstairs and the random unused drain pipe. Finally I got it through the doorway of my half of the basement. I have since done 2 loads of laundry!

The only other strange thing that happened today was a phone call from my Dad. No, usually I don't consider phone calls from my Dad strange, however it was the conversation that was strange. He started by saying.... I want to ask you a few questions about when you went to high school.... He asked about who was on the school board and who the superintendent was and if there was a male teacher with a last name that started with a B. Finally I asked what the hell he was trying to find out for. I turnes out that one of my high school friends I knew since 6th grade had tried to kill herself again. In therapy, she said that she had been raped by teacher B. Supposedly now the school, including the school board at the time, the superintendent at the time and teacher B are being sued because they covered up the incident, which apparently not only happened to her but to at least 2 other girls. The thing is, I have no doubt that teacher B had sex with my friend (not by confirmation), however I think that both parties were consenting. She was underage at the time, so of course there is the issue of statutory rape. We will see since it is all supposed to come out in the paper tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home