shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

More stories from this weekend....

First, let me just say how much I hate computers sometimes! I just wrote a great post, but when I tried to copy and paste, I wasn't able to paste and all was lost! Damn you Bill Gates!!!

Anyway.... Here is my Saturday.....

We got up about 9 on Saturday so Aunt B could attend a meeting. Originally, I was going to drop her off and come back, however I realized that I don't really know my way around Nashville very well and probably wouldn't be able to find the place again. So I used my double secret CIA identity to infiltrate the board of directors meeting. Basically they get funds from Vandy to distribute to programs they think can most benefit from the funds. The woman in charged was wonderful! I could tell by her eyes and hands that she is a very caring person who feels passionately about the job she is doing. The program I found most interesting (really the one that I heard the most about) worked with mothers and infants in lower income areas. I forget the nifty anagram they had for the program. It was different from most programs because they take older, more experienced women from said area and teach and provide them with resources to assist the mothers and infants in their areas. They do things like find rides to doctors appointments to teaching new mothers how to care for the infants. The wonderful part is they rely on these older women from the communities instead of some outsider pulling up in their Lexus trying to relate. If I were in their situation I know that nothing would make me more upset than the person trying to help me having been sentenced to serving community service and picking me as the lucky person they take it out on. When you are in that situation, you don't want some snobby punk ass making you feel worse about yourself!

After the meeting, we meet up with the Professor and had sushi at the local place. It was wonderful, however the rolls did not have cucumber (I guess I'm spoiled!). At lunch, I insisted we needed to find the perfect necklace for me in my attempt to be sexier. Our first stop was the Hustler cafe. Needless to say, I found a few interesting t-shirts, but no necklace. We then went to some funky stores in the area. I did finally find a necklace I was in love with, however it was $300. Call me crazy, but $300 for a piece of metal with a line in the middle is really not a good deal! We gave up and decided to return home before going out for dinner.

We had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. The Professor and Sarcasto joined us. Sarcasto was really funny, especially when he was ordering frufru drinks and drinking them from a straw! Could you be anymore gay?!?! We then picked up more alcohol and headed to Sarcasto's house for a good time. We watched a documentary about pimps (I want to be a female pimp), checked out his gun collection and watched cartoons! Wild and crazy crowd we are we stayed up until midnight!

Sunday Aunt B and I took Mrs. Wigglebottom for a walk in the park. I had such a good time walking and enjoying our conversation I barely noticed that it was cold outside! And my favorite part of Sunday was going to WalMart to pick out yarn so Aunt B could make me a man sized afghan. I almost started crying in WalMart. (I'll explain more in another post.) We then had dinner at a great BBQ place. I ate way too much, but loved every bit! I then dropped Aunt B and Mrs. Wigglebottom off and headed back to the metro area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home