shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

30 going on 3

Yes, I know I promised another installment of the vomit weekend, however I have more important things to vent about.

Over the last 2 weeks I have come down with illnesses that to me should be limited to those under the age of 10. It started with an ear ache and a trip to the doctor. Not only did I have the ear infection, I was also prescribed ear drops. I has been over 20 years since I have had ear drops! And can I just say that it is even harder to try to put drops in your own ears than it is to put them in the ears of a 3 year old.... Oh yeah, and the topper to the whole trip was when the doctor asked if I had stuck anything in my ear. "Why yes, I was jamming my pen in my ear before I came just to see if you would be able to tell...." I don't really think that was my doctor's idea, but the idea of the med student that examined me first and went back to her with his diagnosis. Could you imagine that conversation?
Med student: I think the patient has been sticking things in her ear.
Doctor: How old is the patient?
Med student: 30
Doctor: You really think that she was sticking things in her ear? Did you ask her?
Med student: Ummm, no?


Yesturday I took another trip to the doctor because I thought I had a sinus infection and that it was draining down my throat making it hard to swallow. After being checked over by the med student, the doctor came in and checked me over. After taking one look in my throat my doctor asked me several times if I had a fever. First of all, that is the first thing the nurse did when I came in and my temp was 98.7. I insisted that I hadn't had a fever but I'm not sure either of them believed me, because they said that with my tonsils being so large, I should have had a fever. Yes, there is my 2nd diagnosis that should be limited to those under the age of 10. I also have the sinus infection that I had originally thought the diagnosis would be.

So I'm wondering what my next illness would be... anyone have any good ideas of things that should be limited to those under 10 that I should attempt to contract????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home