shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, November 14, 2005

Anyone want to hear about my weekend full of vomit??

Oh to be me...

Yes, every night this weekend was filled with a six year old boy waking up in the middle of the night to vomit... Over the next few posts prepare to be grossed out!!

My weekend actually began Thursday evening (amazingly there was no vomit that night)... I'm sure that you are all jealous that I have bankers hours!! My night was spend in front of the TV eating Imo's and watching ER.

Friday I did not get to sleep in because I am determined to get a better job! I went to SIUE to check out the college and find out how much I will have to work my ass off the next 5 years to become a Pharmacist. Yes, I will be taking lots of math and chemistry beginning in January so I might not get to update you as much as I have been (sense the sarcasm??). I'm hoping that I will not have to repeat any classes as I have no desire to sit through a Philosophy class... I wonder if my Religion class will pass off as a good replacement.... I was actually very impressed with the college as the School of Pharmacy is new to the campus so the buildings and all equipment is new. Also, if you are accepted into the program you get a brand new Dell laptop that is yours until you graduate. The only negative thing that I would have to say was that the entire day was geared to high school students... Why can't they have something similar for transfer/graduate students?? I did not enjoy spending the day with everyone's parents asking insane questions!

Once the tour of the buildings was over, I was off to hang out with my cousins and the little kids. It is so much fun to hang out with kids because they laugh at everything you do!! I don't even have to make sense! We had KFC for dinner and spend 20 minutes looking for the chicken leg bone that we are still convinced is hidden somewhere in my cousin's house... I'm sure they will find it once it starts to smell!! We are still unsure if it was actually hidden by my 6 year old boyfriend or if he threw it in the trash. I'm hoping like heck he trashed it!! Then, my boyfriend insisted to spend the night at someone's house instead of his own. He ended up coming home with me. He had a snack of Vanilla wafers and coke and then we were off to bed to watch cartoons before falling asleep. Sounds pretty quite huh? Yeah right... About 1:00 am he started coughing.... By the time I could get up and get a towel from the bathroom he had puked in the bed... I'll will give it to him, he tried to puke only in his hands, however it is not easy to hold vomit in your hands. I stripped the bed and inspected all the covers to see what had to be bagged up so the horrible smell would go away. Luckily he did not get the puke on my down comforter! Once I had new sheets on the bed we went back to sleep. Needless to say after that happened, I woke up every time he moved!

So that was my excitement Friday night.... Stay tuned for Saturday.

4 Comments:

Blogger SuperGenius said...

Aunt B sent me here.

Anything that begins with want to hear about my weekend of vomit and ends with me wishing for Imo's and enjoying reading about the vomit is a lovely thing to read.

Now I have to work on not thinking about Imo's. I guess I'll think about vomit...or maybe not.

7:36 PM  
Blogger shug said...

I'm glad you took Aunt B's advice and stopped by!

I'm not even sure that thinking about vomit can subside the desire for Imo's... Tell me how that works out for you.

6:56 AM  
Blogger SuperGenius said...

There is not much that could subside my desire for Imo's. Except for the fact that they want $38 to ship you a pizza out of the area....

10:29 AM  
Blogger shug said...

I would send you one, but I don't think that it would be good by the time it got there....

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home