shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Singles night out....

Ok so in my last post I apologized for not writing with the lame explanation of "I moved and it took me a month..." So now I'm back and I'm supposed to have all of this exciting stuff to say. Well, if any of you know me very well you will know that I can talk endlessly about stupid things, however when it comes to the important things I'm at a loss for words...

Ok, so what does any of this have to do with the title of this post? Nothing really... You are just getting the ramblings of a drunken single lesbian after her 2nd lame attempt at a singles night... Oh my adoring friends, I'm kind of toasted right now and must confess my lameness and you are the lucky few!! HaHa, I bet you will never read this blog again!!

So, anyway here is my experience. I went to Novaks, a popular lesbian/gay bar in the Metro area to see my ex's girlfriend compete in a local Idol competition. May I just say that tonight, she was the best signer there... one of the other girls was right on her ass, but she was the best this week. I do however wish she would pick other songs besides country to sing.... maybe some Norah Jones or Cowboy Junkies or some kind of bluesy shit like that... Anyway in conjunction with the Idol competition there is a singles night. Last week I wondered in with only 1/2 hour left, however this week I got in for a big old hour of the bright lights so everyone could see the big ass sticker on my shirt.... Yeah world, I'm single now. And can I just say that it sucks big ass!! I don't really want to meet someone in a bar... I mean yeah, it is nice to meet people in a bar, but I don't think I could be with someone who spends a lot of time at the bar... especially on the weekdays.... Kind of makes you wonder what kind of job they have.... but hey, I was there so that's not saying much!! Anyway... the whole idea of singles night is kind of strange to me... I guess it is because I'm plastering some sticker on my ass and letting everyone and their brother know I'm single... I must be crazy... Yeah well how is this for crazy... I sat on my bar stool the whole night and couldn't find the guts to speak to anyone..... not even anyone in the group I was sitting with (the ex's clan of friends)... I'm sure they were amazed that this fucktard made it out of the house again to sit on a bar stool like a dumb ass!! Anyway, the whole point of my story was even though I was sitting there like a dumb ass I got to observe which is always really funny.... There was the quintessential gay couple making out in front of me... the butchy woman walking around picking up after us and smashing glasses on the table infront of me so my lap was covered in shards of glass... and the funniest thing of all was the middle aged woman with the slicked back gray hair sucking on an ice cube and then rubbing it all over her face and neck as if to say "Yes I am right in the middle of a hot flash and I'm proud of it!" Oh if I were any braver, I would have talked to the hottie that sat next to me most of the night, however as I have said before and I'm sure you will hear me say again, I'm a social dumb ass!!!

Well, we'll see what happens next week... as for now, I'm off to curl up in my bed and watch TV until I fall asleep....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home