shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

old country music

Isn't it funny how you can remember the words to songs you haven't heard in years??? Tonight as I was driving home, I took a detour from my regular Squizz listening to pop on over to the older country music station. While there, I heard Bargain Store by Dolly Parton, Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight by The Oak Ridge Boys, and Loving Blind by Clint Black. I was amazed that I could sing every word. I guess I wasn't as surprised by the Clink Black song as I was by the other two.

Listening to old Dolly songs made me remember hearing them riding in the front seat (on the hump/armrest) of our 1976 Caprice. I used to sign Dolly at the top of my lungs while we were driving out to my Grandma's house in the country. I so wanted to be Dolly!!

The Oak Ridge Boys reminded me of being outside on hot summer nights. My Uncle loves them and we would have the garage radio turned on and up as loud as it would go.

And the Clint Black song reminds me of high school. I really kind of hate that I know the words to that song because it reminds me of a time when I felt alone.... I remember listening to that tape over and over again. High school fucking sucked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home