shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, May 01, 2006

So here is the update from last week....

I got to take my brace off. After limping around for a day, I have returned to my normal gate. The only issue I’m having now is that it is extremely sensitive. It hurts when my jeans touch it…. I’ve bumped it numerous times and every time I want to wet myself. I’m not sure if this is a problem or not, so I will choose to not contact the doctor at this point. It’s been almost 3 weeks, so you would think it would be fine….. anyway, that’s the story with it.

Friday I was the book bitch at the softball game. I almost got to play, but luckily some of the veterans showed up. Oh yeah, and I got pulled over by a Park Ranger when I was driving there because I “rolled” through a stop sign….. Luckily I am very apologetic so I didn’t get a ticket….

Saturday I picked up my truck!! Yeah!!! It is kind of nice to have it back. Now I don’t have to worry about breaking down on the side of the road. It was very nice of Smash to lend me her MoonChicken for the week, but that thing is a beater!! Around 40 mph it goes into convulsions until you reach 45 mph. After picking up my truck, I felt guilty about not getting ready to go to the March of Dimes walk because the rain stopped. I hauled ass home to change and hauled ass to the park for the walk. When I showed up, everyone had already started and it was raining….. I kept walking faster thinking I could catch up with someone I knew. Alas, I did not. At least I can said that I did it, it spite of the rain. I then returned home to work on my table. It is very hard to put together since there are no instructions and none of the holes line up. I’m going to have to make some adjustments….. Then it was out to dinner with Smash…. We were supposed to have a big night out, but plans got changed.

Sunday I spent most of the day doing nothing….. That’s right, nothing….. well, I cleaned up a bit and cooked dinner, but other than that, I was planted on the couch and watched stupid movies (Saving Silverman and The Sky King and the World of Tomorrow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home