shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, April 24, 2006

things I did yesterday....

Bonded with the boys….. Since I am without my truck and driving the late model Moon Chicken, my Dad and the Bomber volunteered to pick me up yesterday for my trip to exit 82. The hour was spent harassing Dad about his driving and bitching about gas prices….

Officially became a cartoon character…. After being at exit 82 for about ½ I went outside to see what my uncle was planting in the garden. As I took a step closer to the garden, I stepped on the tines (I guess that’s what they are called) of his garden rake and the handle came up and hit me on the left side of my head. Of course, the Bomber, my uncle and W thought it was the funniest thing! We have decided that this is the 3rd thing on my list of bad things happening to me…. (Bad things always happen in threes).

Played a straight girl….. Sissy’s husband Tech-man, W and E went to the town to get a set of attic stairs and groceries for dinner…. I’m sure many of the people staring at us were wondering if we were really married, especially the woman with the red glasses, in the grocery store, who kept checking me out….

Made dinner for the family…. We grilled pork chops (half seasoned with Caribbean jerk, the other with Andrea’s steak marinade) and a potato, onion and garlic pouch seasoned with dill.

Went to bed…… Had a crazy dream featuring the hot bass player….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home