shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Exhausted

I'm completely dead.... I've been functioning the last couple of hours as a zombie! Not so good when you are trying to babysit for a 4 and 1 year old... I did however wake up when I had to change the diaper of the 1 year old (oh my god! it came out the back of the diaper and was on her jammies). The saving grace was when I was rocking her to sleep. Sitting in the dark, with just the night light while she looked in wonder at her hands was wonderful.

So, you may be asking yourself now why I've been functioning as a zombie.... well, I got to see my boys, W and El. The came down with their parents in tow and spent the night in a hotel.... I was asked to stay with them since they had a suite and a pull out bed... I did since it was my boys. The thing is, El has never stayed in a hotel before. When it came time for bed time, he cried for 1 1/2 hours not stop. Finally about 1:30 he went to sleep. He woke up at 5:30 crying again and wanting to see the pishies (a coy pond in the lobby of the hotel). I finally convinced him to come in the other room with me to watch cartoons so his mom could get a little sleep. Then at a normal time (8:00am) we got dressed and went down to look at the pishies.... He is so sweet that it is hard to be upset with him.

Now, I back at home in my Mr Bubbles and flannel sheets to finally get the sleep I've been thinking of all week... wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home