shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas at exit 82

Well Christmas is over.... I hope that everyone had a good holiday.

As always, Christmas at exit 82 was a little strange. However, this year was a bit different.

Christmas Eve

The family has been going to a different church because they are upset with the minister. So instead of going to church before dinner, we went at 11:00 pm. I liked the change! And the new church was kind of nice. Before church, we went to dinner at Aunt MJ's house. Sissy had to work so I got to hang out with Mr. GQ which was nice. I even got to eat at the "Adult" table!! Once dinner was over, the kids got to "open pesents" (as shouted by my 2 year old boyfriend). Once that was over, TBob, AJ, Mello and I went ambulance chasing. Apparently some drunk put his hand thru a truck window. When we got back, I loaded up my truck with the bikes for Bombers kids and headed off to stash them in his garage. Then I was back to my parents house to pick up Dad for church while my Mom took Bomber to the hospital because he was having chest pains. Dr. Shug told him to take a shot of Jack and calm the fuck down, but did he listen to me?? NO! So he got an IV port and a shot in the stomach and came back around 5:00 am.

Christmas Day
Everyone came to Mom and Dad's for the traditional Christmas breakfast. TBob was the first to show up since AJ had to be at work at 8:00 am. He took pictures of my bedhead to send to AJ at work for a little laugh! I'm sure she as thinking "Who wants to wake up to that in the morning!"

After breakfast we started fixing Christmas Dinner. We had Pot Roast. Bomber and I fixed deviled eggs and salad. It was fun to hang out with him without everyone else around. He can be really cool sometimes!

Then it was into the livingroom to watch Da Bears kick some Packers ass!! Towards the end of the game my Dad came in and I was yelling at him because they started to play crappy! He refused to leave the room so I made him cover his head with a blanket! Do you think that was mean of me??? I don't think so!!

I was in bed by 8:30 that night because we were up late the night before....

Anyway, it ended up being better than I expected....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home