shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Strange things you do when you're a kid...

So today we were talking about things we did as children and I had to share some of the dumbest things the 5 of us did. (My brother {Bomber} and I grew up living next door to my 2 cousins{girls Red and Sissy} and behind the alley from another {boy Tbob}. There is a 7 year gap between the oldest and the youngest.)

For some reason at work we were talking about kids playing with fire. I had to tell the story about the time Tbob, Bomber and I were playing war at my Grandma's house. My Grandma's house had a 2 car attached garage. One side was set up with a gas stove so that she had room to make her annual 1,200 lbs of peanut brittle (which my Mom and her sisters have carried on although they only make about 30 lbs a year). So the boys and I were making paper air plans and flying them around pretending that they were at war. Then we got a crazy idea that it would be cool to use the gas stove to light the plans on fire. We were having a good old time until my aunt came out and started yelling.

After talking about this, I was reminded of another strange thing we did..... I can remember several times during the winters roping our sleds (the ones with the metal runners) up to the back of my uncle's truck and riding on them as he drove around a parking lot. It is a wonder we didn't get run over!

I also remember years when the snow was so deep that we could dig tunnels. We dug several tunnels and I can remember hanging out in them for what seemed like hours (probably only 1/2 at the most).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home