shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Saturday, May 27, 2006

A visit from Plastic

87’s son Plastic came to work the other day for a visit. It was his last day of school (I’m assuming it was one of those useless half days that requires you to be at school for approximately a hour….) He was there to have lunch with her and surprisingly she allowed him to come say “Hi” to me. I was definitely overwhelmed and very surprised to see him. I would have loved to have given him a huge hug, but didn’t for fear of crying my eyes out at work. I miss him more than he or anyone else will ever know. When I lived there, he would come in and wake me up. Of course we both woke up early on Saturdays because it is not a day for school or work. A few times, he would crawl in bed with me and we would have a little chat… Nothing serious, just about cartoons, or video games or the cats…. I miss everything about him, yes, I even miss those hour long “I don’t want to take medicine” rants and the “my Dad doesn’t like you” comments.

Who knows when I will see him next…. I’ll definitely give him a hug then, unless of course I might be seen crying….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home