shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

drained

So I went to exit 82 this weekend.

Saturday Mom came home from the hospital. She was in this time to get a temporary fix to her broken knee (her knee replacement surgery was messed up when she had colon surgery). The reason it is a temporary fix is because not only was it broken, it was infected. They cannot do the surgery they need to with any infection because they don't want to cause a bone infection. She now cannot put any weight on her leg, so since her sense of balance is a bit off, she is pretty much confined to a wheelchair (the way I remember my Grandma before she died).

Sunday it was off to my cousin's for her 8th grade graduation party. It was fun to see some of the family I hadn't seen for awhile, but I had more fun when we returned to exit 82 and I got to go swimming with W, E and Z, even though the water was -50 degrees. I ended up spending most of the time holding E so only his feet were in the water.

Monday I spent most of the day putting my Mom's patio furniture together and cleaning up some things in the yard. I did get to work on my kitchen table (I'm having a bit of a time trying to get the legs perfect.) Hopefully, I will get to work on it again this week.... Then we were off to W's birthday party. Sissy and Techman decided it needed to be at the Jungle so they didn't have to clean anything up. The rented the entire building so it was very easy to keep track of all the kids. E refused to do anything that involved being around any other kids (except for W and Z), so he and I hung out in the balls most of the time. The minute any other kid came near, he would start yelling. It took T-Bob, Z and I to get him to venture into any other part of the Jungle. I'm sure it was funny to see 2 30 year old climbing around in the tunnels and on the rope bridges! We had a great time! Then it was back home and right to bed for me. I was exhausted!

Doesn't that sounds like a fun filled weekend???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home