shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shug, we have a problem!!

It has come to my attention that there is some confusion over my references to 87. Please let me clarify…. 87 is NOT the number she falls in on my relationship list. I know, I seem cool and all, but really, I’m a big dumb ass! Truth be told, I didn’t even technically kiss someone for the first time until I was a sophomore in college (19 years old!). If I were actually that cool and brave, I would actually talk to the hot bass player instead of showing up at her gigs to drool…. Which brings me to another thing… If I can actually make sounds come out of my mouth when I’m around you, it generally means* that I like you as a friend but don’t find you attractive as a mate. Yes, I know it is Roxanne-ish (Cyrano de Bergerac and all), which is coincidentally from 1987, but it is a hard thing to change.

87 actually comes from her favorite year to reference (i.e. “Those look like a pair of jeans I wore in 1987.)

Soon, with the help of my friend J-man, I will have a cast of characters in a column on my website that will hopefully diminish further confusion.

* On rare occasions this isn’t the case (CP comes to mind). I knew Rabbit for 6 months before I could bring myself to have a conversation with her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home