shug's place

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! -- Source unknown

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

What's there to say....

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Let's go see the band play....

Tonight I went to see This is the News (featured in one of my earlier posts). Yeah, that's the band with the hot bass player, but believe it or not, that is not the only reason I like them! I actually have a CD, which I have loaded on my computer at work. (The lead singer gave me a T-shirt tonight... aren't I cool as hell now!!!)

Normally I wouldn't have gone tonight since CP and Boobilicious are out of town (The lead singer is CP's cousin....) Strange enough, I went tonight because of friend of mine saw the post on my website and thought it was cool that the band he does a website for was also playing at the same place.... To make a long story short, we went to see them together.

Three bands played tonight... This is the News, Ghost in Light and Everest. Everest was very..... hmmmm..... loud.... yes, that's it, they were loud. That's about all I have to say about them. This is the News was next. Every time I hear the first few notes of Faktion's Take it All Away on the radio, I think it is This is the News! Ghost in the Light (jman's {I told you you were going to have to make up your own double top secret name!} friends) was really good. The first band I've seen that sat the whole time they played. I'm not sure that makes any difference....

Anyway, it's after midnight and I've turned into the pumpkin I normally am.... I'm back to my real life......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home